SENIOR HW SYSTEMS ENGINEER
SENIOR HW SYSTEMS ENGINEER
The maritime industry is undergoing a transformation towards zero-emission and autonomous technology, a transformation driven by cutting-edge innovation. Hyke is playing a leading role in the transformation by offering a suite of innovative situational awareness and autonomous navigation technologies. Our team of robotics, electronics, cybernetics, and software engineers are developing cutting edge solutions that improve safety and efficiency, reduce costs and enable new applications. From smarter and safer pleasure boats via intelligent workboats that reduce the strain on human staff to fully autonomous ferries – opportunities abound.
To drive Hyke’s technology development in this exciting and rapidly evolving industry, we are looking for our new:
Senior HW Systems Engineer
You’ll be working directly with the CTO and as part of the technology development team for Hyke’s autonomy platform and suite of Situational Awareness and Autonomous Navigation products. You will be responsible for the integration and development of all the sensors utilised by our autonomy stack.
Purpose – key objectives for the position:
- Take responsibility for the electronic system design and development of our sensor units as standalone units and as part of the sensors on-board our ferries.
- Contribute to the specification of the next generation of sensors for autonomous vessel systems.
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the technology team to ensure that our sensors meet the needs of our autonomy system including object detection and classification and situational awareness.
- Development and configuration of hardware drivers.
- Development of methods for calibration of all sensors.
- Develop and implement methods for sensor clock synchronization (NTP, PTP)
- Define requirements for the local network on the ferry in relation to bandwidth, latency, and synchronization requirements.
- Work closely with naval architects and industrial designers to integrate hardware into vessels.
- Work closely with our testers to create effective methods for automated integration testing.
- Contribute to the development of methods and strategies for data collection and storage of sensor data.
- Contribute to connectivity related tasks for the transmission of data to cloud storage and remote operating centers.
- Participate in testing in lab or on-board our test boat and ferries.
- Assist in installation where required.
- Identify prospective sensor technology providers and partners for accelerated development.
Skills & Personality traits we are looking for:
- You are flexible, inquisitive, open, self-driven and able to work both independently and as part of a multi-cultural and diverse team.
- You feel a sense of responsibility and urgency in getting things done.
- Strong communications skills, so you can collaborate effectively with other members in the team and parts of the organization.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong interest in working in a fast-growing startup.
- BSc/MSc Computer Science / Electronics Systems Design / Mechatronics Engineering or similar
- Up to date with the latest cloud technologies and best practices
- 3+ years of relevant experience in related field
- High level of fluency in English – this is the working language of the technology team
If you become a part of our growing team, we can offer you:
- An exciting opportunity to be a part of creating the next generation of waterborne mobility
- Become a part of our small multi-discipline team with substantive growth ambitions.
- Flexibility in workhours and the position is firmly rooted in Oslo/Fredrikstad, but our ambitions are global.
- Be a part of the Eker Group family – where we believe that Passion powers progress!
Apply by 15.03.2023